Mosaic of Shadows
Character Creation Questions
Consider your characters and develop a sense for you they are and how they fit into the setting.
- What are the character’s motivations? What drives him to action? Who are the important people in his life? What inspired him to take up a life of adventure? Does he have any long-term goals or aspirations?
- Where are you from? Big city, tiny hamlet, karak-born (dwarf) or outlying community?
- What is your family like? Only child, brothers and sisters, place in the family, parents alive or dead, how did they die if the latter?
- What is your social class? Some careers have an implied class, others don’t. Where does your family fall in the social strata, have you moved up socially or fallen from grace?
- What crime did your character commit? Your career provides a basic answer, but try to refine this further.
- What made you choose this life of peril? A personal or political crusade, out to get vengeance on thoise who ruined or murdered your family, thrill seeker or gold chaser?
- How religious are you? Are you aprticularly religious, is there a god you favour, are you constantly seeking answers or at peace?
- Who are your friends and enemies? Who are your friends and where do they live, are you on good
terms or have you had a falling out, if so how did it happen?
- What are your prized possessions? Any items of sentimental value? How did you get them? What
things have you lost and would do anything to get back?
- Who are you loyal to? What people or organisations are you loyal to?
- Who do you love/hate? Are you in love with someone, who do you hate and why, do you hate an individual or a whole class of people or creatures?